Erro after install

(András Klambauer) #1

I just installed the logstash next to graylog and I got this erros all the time:

2018-06-14T13:33:05,268][INFO ][logstash.runner ] Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"6.3.0"}
[2018-06-14T13:33:06,013][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, { at line 11, column 1 (byte 141) after output \n", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:42:in compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:incompile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:inmap'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in compile_sources'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:49:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:167:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:inexecute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:305:in `block in converge_state'"]}
[2018-06-14T13:33:06,368][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

somebody can help me pls!

(Colton) #2

This looks to be a configuration error. Could you attach your logstash.conf file?

(András Klambauer) #3

Thx, for the quick reply,

where can I find it? /etc/logstash/conf.d/?
it is a totally fresh install.

(Magnus Bäck) #4

Surely you know where you have stored your configuration files? Logstash isn't bundled with any configuration.

(András Klambauer) #5

This is my first time install, I just checked the deamon and the logs and saw the erros. Where I need to create a conf file?

(Colton) #6

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/dir-layout.html

This is the directory layout. I am guessing you are using a Linux machine so look at the distribution you used. Otherwise you can change the location Logstash looks for its configuration file by changing the path.config in the logstash.yml file.

(András Klambauer) #7

Thx.
I made a blank logstash.conf file here /etc/logstash/conf.d
same error msg. what I need to change and where? I tired to config but no luck.

(Colton) #8

In the logstash.yml file the path.config path needs to be set like this:

path.config: /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf

Now you need to configure the logstash.conf file to what you want.

(András Klambauer) #9

[2018-06-15T14:34:51,557][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, input, filter, output at line 1, column 1 (byte 1) after ", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:42:in compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:incompile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:inmap'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in compile_sources'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:49:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:167:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:inexecute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:305:in `block in converge_state'"]}
[2018-06-15T14:34:51,976][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

(Colton) #10

Post your config file

(András Klambauer) #11

http://gofile.me/6yg5C/75BRyTOZL
u can download from here

(Colton) #12

Can you just post the text of your config file. I am having a hard time connecting to that site.

(András Klambauer) #13

/etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf file is empty, I just create one- maybe I need to set some default config??

(Colton) #14

I think you may need to do some reading about Logstash and how it works.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/6.3/introduction.html

(András Klambauer) #15

I just want to encode a log steram from lantin-2 to ltani-1 or utf8 because a collect the logs with graylog.

(system) #16

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.