Erro after install

I just installed the logstash next to graylog and I got this erros all the time:

2018-06-14T13:33:05,268][INFO ][logstash.runner ] Starting Logstash {"logstash.version"=>"6.3.0"}
[2018-06-14T13:33:06,013][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, { at line 11, column 1 (byte 141) after output \n", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:42:in compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:incompile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:inmap'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in compile_sources'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:49:ininitialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:167:in initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:inexecute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:305:in `block in converge_state'"]}
[2018-06-14T13:33:06,368][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

somebody can help me pls!

This looks to be a configuration error. Could you attach your logstash.conf file?

Thx, for the quick reply,

where can I find it? /etc/logstash/conf.d/?
it is a totally fresh install.

Surely you know where you have stored your configuration files? Logstash isn't bundled with any configuration.

This is my first time install, I just checked the deamon and the logs and saw the erros. Where I need to create a conf file?

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/dir-layout.html

This is the directory layout. I am guessing you are using a Linux machine so look at the distribution you used. Otherwise you can change the location Logstash looks for its configuration file by changing the path.config in the logstash.yml file.

Thx.
I made a blank logstash.conf file here /etc/logstash/conf.d
same error msg. what I need to change and where? I tired to config but no luck.

In the logstash.yml file the path.config path needs to be set like this:

path.config: /etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf

Now you need to configure the logstash.conf file to what you want.

[2018-06-15T14:34:51,557][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, input, filter, output at line 1, column 1 (byte 1) after ", :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:42:in `compile_imperative'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:in `compile_graph'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in `block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:in `map'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in `compile_sources'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:49:in `initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:167:in `initialize'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:in `execute'", "/usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:305:in `block in converge_state'"]}
[2018-06-15T14:34:51,976][INFO ][logstash.agent ] Successfully started Logstash API endpoint {:port=>9600}

Post your config file

http://gofile.me/6yg5C/75BRyTOZL
u can download from here

Can you just post the text of your config file. I am having a hard time connecting to that site.

/etc/logstash/conf.d/logstash.conf file is empty, I just create one- maybe I need to set some default config??

I think you may need to do some reading about Logstash and how it works.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/6.3/introduction.html

I just want to encode a log steram from lantin-2 to ltani-1 or utf8 because a collect the logs with graylog.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.