Error: initialize: name or service not known

I'm trying to execute logstash script from local to connect with external server.

but It is throwing these errors.

ERROR logstash.pipeline - A plugin had an unrecoverable error. Will restart this plugin
Plugin: <LogStash::Inputs::Elasticsearch hosts=>["{external_logstash_host}"], index=>"{index_name}", type=>"{index_data_type}", query=>"{\n\t\t"query": {"bool":{"must":[{"match":{"test_id":"12xxxx"}},\n\t\t{"range":{"test_tms": {"gte":"2018-07-23T04:00:35.000Z","lte":"2018-07-23T05:00:35.000Z"}}}]\n\t\t\n\t\t\n\t\t}}\n\t\t}", add_field=>{"file_date"=>""}, user=>"{user_name}", password=>, ssl=>true, docinfo=>true, id=>"{id_value}", enable_metric=>true, codec=><LogStash::Codecs::JSON id=>"{json_id}", enable_metric=>true, charset=>"UTF-8">, size=>1000, scroll=>"1m", docinfo_target=>"@metadata", docinfo_fields=>["_index", "_type", "_id"]>

Error: initialize: name or service not known

I think you are trying to use interpolation.

The syntax is %{fieldname}

The elasticsearch output setting hosts does not allow interpolation, some settings do but a lot don't.

Hi, thanks for valuable feedback It would be really helpful if you could explain in detail.

Hi @guyboertje Now i'm getting this error , please can you explain

06:08:05.941 [[main]<elasticsearch] ERROR logstash.pipeline - A plugin had an unrecoverable error. Will restart this plugin.
Plugin: <LogStash::Inputs::Elasticsearch hosts=>["{logstash_host}"], index=>"test_index*", type=>"test_type", query=>"{"query": {"bool":{"must":[{"match":{"test_id":"12******"}},{"range":{"test_tms": {"gte":"2018-07-26T05:07:20.000Z","lte":"2018-07-26T06:07:20.000Z"}}}]}}}", add_field=>{"file_date"=>""}, user=>"username", password=>, ssl=>true, docinfo=>true, id=>"123456", enable_metric=>true, codec=><LogStash::Codecs::JSON id=>"234569", enable_metric=>true, charset=>"UTF-8">, size=>1000, scroll=>"1m", docinfo_target=>"@metadata", docinfo_fields=>["_index", "_type", "_id"]>
Error: 400 "Bad Request"

LogStash::Inputs::Elasticsearch hosts=>["{logstash_host}"], index=>"test_index*"...

I think the value inside the hosts array is not a valid host name.

Do you have a DNS entry for '{logstash_host}'?

Do you have a etc/hosts entry for '{logstash_host}'?

Use the IP or host name of the machine that Elasticsearch is running on.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.