Error messages from elastic search with \r\n instead of actual new lines

Hi

I am using logstash to update a document in an elasticsearch index. When there is a problem (here within a painless script in my logstash conf file) I get errors similar to the one below. The loggstash logger does not display new lines but keeps instead \n\r. Is there a way to have the logs on multiple lines instead on just one line (with \n\r).

Thanks in advance for your help

[2019-06-19T17:48:49,747][WARN ][logstash.outputs.elasticsearch] Could not index event to Elasticsearch. {:status=>400, :action=>["update", {:_id=>"4f787579-fba8-438a-8b08-b7ba55cb5a99", :_index=>"logstash-test", :_type=>"_doc", :routing=>nil, :retry_on_conflict=>1}, #LogStash::Event:0x5e09885b], :response=>{"update"=>{"_index"=>"logstash-test", "_type"=>"_doc", "_id"=>"4f787579-fba8-438a-8b08-b7ba55cb5a99", "status"=>400, "error"=>{"type"=>"illegal_argument_exception", "reason"=>"failed to execute script", "caused_by"=>{"type"=>"script_exception", "reason"=>"runtime error", "script_stack"=>["access = access [path];\r\n }\r\n } \r\n \r\n // we update the document \r\n def ", "^---- HERE"], "script"=>"def i_parameter = 0; \r\n

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.