Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : /opt/build/workspace/elastic-apm-agent-1.38.0.jar

Hi,
We have multiple microservices running on docker, I have installed Elastic APM -Java "elastic-apm-agent-1.38.0.jar" into my project directory /opt/build/workspace/ and run the same with changes made in docker file but getting below error:

Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : /opt/build/workspace//elastic-apm-agent-1.38.0.jar
Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: instrument

Permission :
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu

The error is saying the jar is not at that path. Maybe it failed to copy in? I notice the '//' in the path, usually that shouldn't matter but maybe change that too

Hi have jar file in the mentioned path /opt/build/workspace/auth-service-apm/elastic-apm-agent-1.38.0.jar

getting error:
Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : /opt/build/workspace/auth-service-apm/elastic-apm-agent-1.38.0.jar
Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: instrument

I suggest you do an ls -l of that path in the docker command just before then doing the java command

Still same error.
Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing

It worked, issue is with dockerfile I forgot to add "-jar" text into entrypoint

Thanks @Jack_Shirazi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.