Error running logstash

When i execute in terminal ./logstash -f logstash.conf
it give me the next error

NameError: cannot load Java class org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpRequestBase
for_name at org/jruby/javasupport/JavaClass.java:204
get_proxy_class at org/jruby/javasupport/JavaUtilities.java:34
java_import at file:/home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/jruby/lib/jruby.jar!/jruby/java/core_ext/object.rb:27
map at org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2414
java_import at file:/home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/jruby/lib/jruby.jar!/jruby/java/core_ext/object.rb:22
(root) at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.1-java/lib/manticore/java_extensions.rb:1
require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1040
require at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/polyglot-0.3.5/lib/polyglot.rb:65
(root) at file:/home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/jruby/lib/jruby.jar!/jruby/kernel19/kernel.rb:1
require_relative at file:/home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/jruby/lib/jruby.jar!/jruby/kernel19/kernel.rb:13
Manticore at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.1-java/lib/manticore.rb:44
require at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/polyglot-0.3.5/lib/polyglot.rb:65
(root) at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/manticore-0.6.1-java/lib/manticore.rb:14
(root) at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/elasticsearch-transport-5.0.4/lib/elasticsearch/transport/transport/http/manticore.rb:1
(root) at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/elasticsearch-transport-5.0.4/lib/elasticsearch/transport/transport/http/manticore.rb:1
(root) at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/logstash-core/lib/logstash/elasticsearch_client.rb:1
(root) at /home/yonder/Descargas/logstash-5.6.8/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:70

I have tried with different versions with the same result, please i really need the help
Thanks

• are you running from a released artifact, or from source?
  • what is the value of $JAVA_HOME?
  • what version of jruby is being loaded ($LOGSTASH_HOME/bin/ruby --version)?
  • what operating system and architecture?

Hi
Thanks for your help
The value of $JAVA_HOME is /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle
the jruby version is = jruby 9.1.13.0 (2.3.3) 2017-09-06 8e1c115 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.161-b12 on 1.8.0_161-b12 +jit [linux-x86_64]

My operating system is Linux ubuntu 17.10, and architecture 64 bits

I don't understand whats are you minning with if i running from a released artifact, or from source?

Thanks for your help

Released artifacts are pre-built versioned packages and zip-files available for download from the elastic.co website, or through package managers like apt and yum.

Source is the source-code we use to develop the products, and is publicly available via github.com

Knowing the format of how you got the software helps us figure out if there is something wrong with the way it was packaged.

1 Like

I am running a realease artifact

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.