Error: uninitialized constant Aws::Client::Errors

I'm trying got move json files from s3 to elastic search and I get the following error:

Here is my .conf file

input {
s3 {
bucket => "xxxxxxx"
access_key_id => "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
secret_access_key => "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
codec => "json"
}
}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
ssl => false
flush_size => 250000
codec => "json"
}
}

The weird part is it works fine for a different S3 bucket. Any suggestions?

Having the same issue

[2016-11-03T23:22:37,565][ERROR][logstash.pipeline        ] A plugin had an unrecoverable error. Will restart this plugin.
  Plugin: <LogStash::Inputs::S3 bucket=>"my-bucket", region=>"us-east-1", prefix=>"prefix/", exclude_pattern=>"_temporary", delete=>true, backup_add_prefix=>"logstashed/", backup_to_bucket=>"my-bucket", interval=>60, type=>"message", id=>"d75fedeb20a07924471e768423feb6c6c8053d54-1", enable_metric=>true, codec=><LogStash::Codecs::Plain id=>"plain_43d6abe1-f961-41e3-af17-aae7f6e51581", enable_metric=>true, charset=>"UTF-8">, temporary_directory=>"/tmp/logstash">

Using logstash from within a docker container on AWS. I do see activity on the ES instance but none of the S3 files gets deleted or moved to the backup folder.

My input config:

input {
  s3 {
    bucket => "${S3_BUCKET_NAME:my-bucket}"
    region => "${S3_REGION:us-east-1}"
    prefix => "${S3_PREFIX:prefix/}"
    exclude_pattern => "_temporary"
    delete => true
    backup_add_prefix => "${S3_BACKUP_PREFIX:logstashed/}"
    backup_to_bucket => "${S3_BUCKET_NAME:my-bucket}"
    interval => 60
    type => "message"
  }
}

I just noticed that the readme of the logstash-input-s3 plugin is missing some information:
The s3:PutObject action is also required in the case a backup bucket is used.

So I'd assume that is error generally has to do with insufficient permissions for the particular S3 bucket.

Same here. Have you managed to this problem?

This actually seems like an issue with the underlying JRuby

Just in case anyone else finds this post the same way I did, this particular issue can be a permissions problem (https://github.com/logstash-plugins/logstash-input-s3/issues/99). The way I diagnosed this was with awscli -- i did an aws s3 ls bucket/prefix/ and that worked, but an aws s3 cp s3://bucket/prefix/file /tmp/x didn't work. It tuns out that your policy needs to look something like this:

"Action": [
  "s3:DeleteObject",
  "s3:GetObject",
   "s3:ListBucket"
],
"Resource": [
   "arn:aws:s3:::bucket_name_here",
   "arn:aws:s3:::bucket_name_here/*"
]

The first resource is needed for ListBucket to work and the second is needed to allow it to download files