Error when starting metricbeat with v7.6.0

I see this error when trying to start metricbeat on win10 system:

2020-04-01T08:32:08.830+0800 ERROR instance/beat.go:933 Exiting: 8 errors: protocol not available; protocol not available; protocol not available; protocol not available; protocol not available; protocol not available; protocol not available; protocol not available

Here's the command to start:

./metricbeat -e

Here is the metricbeat.yml:

metricbeat.config.modules:
  # Glob pattern for configuration loading
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml

# Set to true to enable config reloading
  reload.enabled: false

Here is the modules.d/system.yml:

- module: system
  period: 10s
  metricsets:
    - cpu
    #- load
    - memory
    - network
    - process
    - process_summary
    - socket_summary
    #- entropy
    #- core
    #- diskio
    #- socket
    #- services
  process.include_top_n:
    by_cpu: 5      # include top 5 processes by CPU
    by_memory: 5   # include top 5 processes by memory

period: 1m
  metricsets:
    - filesystem
    - fsstat
  processors:
  - drop_event.when.regexp:
      system.filesystem.mount_point: '^/(sys|cgroup|proc|dev|etc|host|lib)($|/)'

period: 15m
  metricsets:
    - uptime

Hi!

Could you provide exactly the process you followed to install Metricbeat, version (oss or not)?

In addition I would suggest to comment out metricsets and add them one by one so as to figure out if this is an issue related to a specific metricset.

C.

Thank you.

Hi @integritytsui - Welcome to our community forums! I see that you have opened a support case with Elastic Support - it would be best to follow-up directly with our great support team.

Do take note that Metricbeat is not supported on Windows 10. You can refer to the Support Matrix for further details.

Thank you.

Thank you.I checked the table,it seems that elastic,logstash and kibana can't work on win10 system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.