I was working with a Filebeat setup on my laptop and decided to move it to my server for more permanent use. I keep getting this error:
Exiting: 1 error: setting 'filebeat.prospectors' has been removed
The contents of filebeat.yml are as such:
filebeat.prospectors: - type: log paths: - /usr/local/var/log/pihole.log.* registry_file: /usr/local/var/lib/filebeat/registry.json output.logstash: hosts: ["localhost:5141"] logging: files: rotateeverybytes: 10485760
I tried the export config just to see what it would produce
filebeat -path.home /usr/local/etc/filebeat/ export config
filebeat: prospectors: - paths: - /usr/local/var/log/pihole.log.* registry_file: /usr/local/var/lib/filebeat/registry.json type: log logging: files: rotateeverybytes: 10485760 output: logstash: hosts: - localhost:5141 path: config: /usr/local/etc/filebeat data: /usr/local/var/lib/filebeat home: /usr/local/etc/filebeat/ logs: /usr/local/var/log/filebeat
I have checked file permissions and file paths are correct. The 1 thing that is different is the laptop has Filebeat 6.2.4 and the server has 7.2.0 which I did not think would be an issue but maybe it is.