Exception caught on transport layer (es6.4.2)

Here is my code if you want to give it a try :

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception{
        Settings settings = org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings.builder()
                .put("cluster.name", "elastic_cluster6")
                .put("xpack.security.user", "antoine:password")
                .put("xpack.security.transport.ssl.enabled", "true")
                .put("xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.path", "/Users/aparent/Downloads/es6.p12")
                .put("xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.password", "password")
                .put("xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.path", "/Users/aparent/Downloads/es6.p12")
                .put("xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.password", "password")
                .put("xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode", "certificate")
                .build();

TransportClient transportClient = new PreBuiltXPackTransportClient(settings);
        transportClient.addTransportAddress(new TransportAddress(InetAddress.getByName("xx.xx.xx.xx"), 9302));
        SearchSourceBuilder searchSourceBuilder = new SearchSourceBuilder();

SearchModule searchModule = new SearchModule(settings, true, Collections.<SearchPlugin> emptyList());

try (XContentParser parser = XContentFactory.xContent(XContentType.JSON)
				.createParser(new NamedXContentRegistry(searchModule.getNamedXContents()), DeprecationHandler.THROW_UNSUPPORTED_OPERATION, "{ \"query\": {\"match_all\": {} }}")) {

searchSourceBuilder.parseXContent(parser);
				}
		SearchRequestBuilder searchRequestBuilder = new SearchRequestBuilder(transportClient, SearchAction.INSTANCE)
		.setTypes("tables")
		.addSort(org.elasticsearch.search.sort.FieldSortBuilder.DOC_FIELD_NAME, org.elasticsearch.search.sort.SortOrder.ASC)
		.setScroll(new org.elasticsearch.common.unit.TimeValue(1000))
		.setSearchType(org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchType.DEFAULT);
		org.elasticsearch.action.search.SearchResponse searchResponse = searchRequestBuilder.setSource(searchSourceBuilder).execute().actionGet();

while (true) {
			for (SearchHit searchHit : searchResponse.getHits().getHits()) {
				System.out.println(searchHit.toString());
			}
		}
    }

I keep getting the same error not an SSL/TLS record.

I changed only the keystore.path and truststore.path to point to my file and xx.xx.xx.xx to localhost as I run my Elasticsearch node locally and this works fine.

You actually have something printed on your console ?

This is actually irrelevant, but yes. I don't have the same data as you do in my node so I had to adjust .setTypes("table") to .setTypes("doc") but this is not about troubleshooting the search queries.

The request was sent over TLS and there were no errors in my elasticsearch logs ( especially not an not an SSL/TLS record. one)

Ok, then it could be network related I guess ...
Thank you for everything ! :slight_smile:

No problem ! As I said earlier though, this is strange symptom for it to be caused by a network problem unless you have something like a reverse proxy terminating SSL in front of Elatsticsearch and your xx.xx.xx.xx is not the IP Address of the Elasticsearch node but rather that of your proxy. I guess you would know that already.

You can always enable the audit logging and check the origin_address and verify that this is the IP address of your machine were you run the Transport Client or an intermediate proxy.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.