Failed to execute action error on windows

Logstash version 6.6.1
Operating system : windows 10
conf file : input { generator {} } filter { sleep { time => 1 } } output { stdout { codec => json } }
pipelines.yml : pipeline.id: main

ERROR Message
] Executing action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main}
[2019-03-07T16:59:34,080][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Create/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, input, filter, output at line 3, column 1 (byte 76) after ", :backtrace=>["E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:41:in compile_imperative'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:49:incompile_graph'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/RubyArray.java:2486:inmap'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:10:in compile_sources'", "org/logstash/execution/AbstractPipelineExt.java:149:ininitialize'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:22:in initialize'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:90:ininitialize'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:43:in block in execute'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:94:inblock in exclusive'", "org/jruby/ext/thread/Mutex.java:148:in synchronize'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:94:inexclusive'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:39:in execute'", "E:/logstash-6.6.1/logstash-core/lib/logstash/agent.rb:327:inblock in converge_state'"]}

When I run conf file with "-f " parameter it runs without problem. But without parameter when I add it on pipeline, I got the error shown above.

What is path.config set to? I would guess that logstash is concatenating all the files in path.config and at least one of those files (probably pipelines.yml) is not a logstash configuration file.

1 Like

I solved the problem by editing pipeline.yml file. The problem was configuration error. Thank you for all.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.