Filebeat - cannot change pipeline in nginx module

Hi,

For processing our nginx access logs, we'd like to use a custom pipeline. Therefore I've changed the configuration to:

- module: nginx
  # Access logs
  access:
    enabled: true
    input:
      pipeline: filebeat-7.3.1-nginx-access-custom

I have also tried this without setting the input: tag. In both situations the beat runs fine, but it does not change the [@metadata][pipeline] field. It is still set to the -default pipeline.

The output is configured for Logstash. So I have verified the metdata field there.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to override the ingest pipeline ID in a module's configuration file. There is already a feature request for this: https://github.com/elastic/beats/issues/9531. If you have a GitHub account, I suggest adding your use case to this feature request issue to help prioritize it and also to get notifications about progress updates.

Hi @shaunak, thanks for your reply. I have misunderstood the current functionality then. It sounds very valuable to me, so I'll try to follow up on the Github issue you mentioned.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.