Filebeat daemon

Hello ,

I want to get filebeat on docker, i followed the instructions here : How to run Filebeat with Docker and use it with ELK stack

But when i try to run the Filebeat container using this configuration :

docker run -d --name=filebeat --user=root --network= "host" --volume= "$HOME/test-filebeat:/logs" --volume= "$HOME/filebeat.docker.yml:/usr/share/filebeat/filebeat.yml:ro" docker.elastic.co /beats/filebeat :7.10.2 filebeat -e --strict.perms= false

I get this error:

docker: Error response from daemon: create $HOME/test-filebeat: "$HOME/test-filebeat" includes invalid characters for a local volume name, only "[a-zA-Z0-9][a-zA-Z0-9_.-]" are allowed. If you intended to pass a host directory, use absolute path.
See 'docker run --help'.

If you can help me i will be grateful.

did you try putting in the full path instead of $HOME

Also for reference here is the official documentation
Current

1 Like

Thanks @stephenb for your reply, i mention the full path but Filebeat container doesn't running together the ELK stack .

and when i check if the log was loaded, i got this error

Please don't post pictures the can not always be viewed by everyone and can not be searched

That error means you have a syntax error in one of the yml files. You will need to share them to help.

Again I would suggest following our official docs instead of someone else's blog

1 Like

Thanks for your help.

Sorry about the pictures.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.