Filebeat error failed to publish events caused connection reset by peer

Hello Everyone,

Need help for following error in filebeat with logstash.

error failed to publish events caused by: write tcp 127.0.0.1:random_port->127.0.0.1:5044 write: connection reset by peer

I already increased client_inactivity_timeout => 60 seconds. but still getting same error after some time.

input {
beats {
port => 5044
client_inactivity_timeout => 60
}
}

pls suggest to fix it permanently.

Thanks in advance...

Hi!

Does the error gets fixed after some retries or Filebeat completely stops sending?
It should be a network issue, but Filebeat will retry to send the failed batch so you will not lose any data if it is able to recover.

C.

Thanks for reply.
Filebeat is sending logs but, i continuously i can see this error. is there there any configurations will i have to make in filebeat or logstash ??

Hi!

Maybe this can be of help: Publishing to Logstash fails with "connection reset by peer" message | Filebeat Reference [7.12] | Elastic

Thank You Chris,
can you please suggest example or demo configuration here for ttl or anythig else to fix this issue, firewall is not a issue because filebeat and logstash is in same server.

pls let me know where i need to keep the configuration that you are sending it to me ?

Thanks in advance

Hi!

It should be in the output configuration as docs indicate: Configure the Logstash output | Filebeat Reference [7.12] | Elastic

Foe example:

output.logstash:
  hosts: ["127.0.0.1:5044"]
  ttl: 120

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.