[Filebeat IIS] lumberjack protocol error

Hello all,

I have filebeat installed on two windows 2008R2 servers with IIS 7.5.
My filebeat log file is polluted by this kind of entries:

|INFO|log/input.go:138|Configured paths: [C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\*\*.log]|
 |---|---|---|
 |INFO|input/input.go:114|Starting input of type: log; ID: 16099378564317141154 |
 |INFO|log/harvester.go:255|Harvester started for file: C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC\u_ex190403.log|
 |INFO|pipeline/output.go:95|Connecting to backoff(async(tcp://logstash_server:5044))|
 |INFO|pipeline/output.go:105|Connection to backoff(async(tcp://logstash_server:5044)) established|
 |ERROR|logstash/async.go:256|Failed to publish events caused by: read tcp 10.0.143.10:54851-logstash_server:5044: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.|
 |ERROR|logstash/async.go:256|Failed to publish events caused by: client is not connected|
 |ERROR|pipeline/output.go:121|Failed to publish events: client is not connected|
 |INFO|pipeline/output.go:95|Connecting to backoff(async(tcp://logstash_server:5044))|
 |INFO|pipeline/output.go:105|Connection to backoff(async(tcp://logstash_server:5044)) established|
 |ERROR|logstash/async.go:256|Failed to publish events caused by: lumberjack protocol error|
 |ERROR|logstash/async.go:256|Failed to publish events caused by: client is not connected|
 |ERROR|pipeline/output.go:121|Failed to publish events: client is not connected|
 |ERROR|logstash/async.go:256|Failed to publish events caused by: lumberjack protocol error|

What I don't understand is :

• Why is the harvester started for one logfile?
  • Why is the client in NOT CONNECTED while the connection to backend is established?

Thanks all for your help!

Are you facing the issue right after the udpdate? As that is the case for me. :disappointed_relieved: no solution yet!

Hello,

No issue is solved, I had two logstash conf that used the same port (5044).
Once i removed one of the conf, everything went back to normal.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.