Filebeat no more working - Can not index event (status=400)

(Bastian) #1

Hello there,

Since today at 2am my filebat was working well, now I got no more data and the following error messages:

2016-09-22T11:53:04+02:00 WARN Can not index event (status=400): "MapperParsingException[mapping [_default_]]; nested: MapperParsingException[No handler for type [keyword] declared on field [hostname]]; "
2016-09-22T11:53:26+02:00 INFO Non-zero metrics in the last 30s: libbeat.es.publish.read_bytes=873 registar.states.total=2 filebeat.harvester.started=1 libbeat.es.publish.write_bytes=1411     

libbeat.es.call_count.PublishEvents=1 filebeat.harvester.running=1 publish.events=2 registrar.state_updates=2 libbeat.es.published_and_acked_events=1 libbeat.publisher.published_events=1 filebeat.harvester.open_files=1

Don't know what happen - do you have an idea?

Thank you!

(ruflin) #2

It seems like the mapping on your elasticsearch instance changed. Do you have the filebeat index template loaded on your elasticsearch instance?

(Bastian) #3

Sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean exactly. I am using it since Monday and for me it's still very complex.

Do you mean "filebeat.template.json" and "filebeat.template-es2x.json"?

What can I do or check to find the failure?

(ruflin) #4

Did you follow the getting started guide and applied this step here? https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/filebeat/1.3/filebeat-template.html Which version of filebeat are you using?

(Bastian) #5

Yes, I did and it already worked.

I am using version filebeat-5.0.0-alpha5-windows-x86_64.

Do you mean uninstall and reinstall works? In the debug log I can see that filebeat send logs, but afterwards the error message above comes up.

I tried also to delete the index of filebeat and create it again. No change, unable to fetch mapping.

(Bastian) #6

I solved it, hope that is correct now:

Based on this post from Andrew I did the same with filebeat, also using the filebeat.yml from version 1.3.1:

(ruflin) #7

Filebeat 5.x automatically installs the template and picks the right one for the elasticsearch version. I think what solved the problem is that you removed the index template (not only the index).

Thanks for sharing your solution.

(Bastian) #8

I did a test and installed the 5.0 template again - not working.
Copied back the 1.3.1 template - working.

Is my Elasticsearch version not the right one for 5.0? It's 1.7.3.

(ruflin) #9

For 1.x and 2.x of elasticsearch, you need the 2.x template. Only for 5.x the 5.0 template is needed.

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.