Filebeat output elasticsearch max_retries configuration question

Hi !

I saw the description Filebeat ignores the max_retries setting and retries indefinitely. in Configure the Elasticsearch output | Filebeat Reference [7.11] | Elastic but in the filebeat configuration file The max_retries description will retry according to the max_retries configuration. If you want to confirm, which description shall prevail?

Looking at the code for the Elasticsearch output, it looks like the max_retries configuration is being honored. So I would say the description in the Filebeat configuration file prevails.

If you have a GitHub account, would you mind filing a bug for this documentation issue: https://github.com/elastic/beats/issues/new?assignees=&labels=&template=bug-report.md?

Thanks,

Shaunak

I saw Clarify max_retries description for Filebeat and Winlogbeat by dedemorton · Pull Request #7180 · elastic/beats · GitHub from github issues, description Filebeat configure the pipeline to guaranteed send. This enables infinite retry, infinite retry doesn't it apply to output elasticsearch?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.