Filebeat windows service is not starting

Hi,

Am using filebeat to read log files and stash it in logstash.

But am not able to start the service of filebeat. As am new to ELK, I followed the instructions given in the guide and it says the below command to be executed in cmd(PowerShell i have).

Start-Service filebeat

and the error I get is this.

Start-Service : Service 'filebeat (filebeat)' cannot be started due to the following error: Cannot open filebeat
service on computer '.'.
At line:1 char:1

• Start-Service filebeat
  • + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController:ServiceController) [Start-Service],

ServiceCommandException

• FullyQualifiedErrorId : CouldNotStartService,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartServiceCommand

Can anyone give a solution for this? How can I start the filebeat? Is there any other way to do this?
Am using Windows Server 2008 R2

Hello @kommineni24,

Windows 2008 is not officially supported in our matrix, meaning we do not do any tests on it.

But I would expect it to work at least the binary.

I think this post is pretty similar to your situation and it contains a workaround.

Thanks now its working. But ran into different issue now.

Unexpected error while indexing monitoring document org.elasticsearch.xpack.monitoring

Could you please help. ES on docker is automatically getting down after I do docker compose up

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.