Filewatch.tailmode.handlers.createinitial open_file OPEN_WARN_INTERVAL is 300

Hi, Logstash has started outputting the following message sometimes:

[2018-07-02T**10:19**:11,155][WARN ][filewatch.tailmode.handlers.createinitial] open_file OPEN_WARN_INTERVAL is '300'                         
[2018-07-02T10:29:12,677][WARN ][filewatch.tailmode.handlers.createinitial] failed to open /ssd/staging/etc/messages-20180627: #<Errno::EACCES: Permission denied - /ssd/staging/logs/etc/messages-20180627>, ["org/jruby/RubyFile.java:366:in `initialize'", "org/jruby/RubyIO.java:1154:in `open'", "/usr/share/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.3.0/gems/logstash-input-file-4.1.3/lib/filewatch/watched_file.rb:73:in `open'"]                                                                                                                                   
[2018-07-02T**10:30**:03,804][WARN ][filewatch.tailmode.handlers.createinitial] open_file OPEN_WARN_INTERVAL is '300'

I have corrected the permissions on the file which failed, but the fact that message appeared after hundreds of the OPEN_WARN_INTERVAL tells me that it is spending all that time reading the files in that input

I suspect it is caused by the number of files I have listed in my file input:

> /etc/logstash/conf.d/inputs.conf
file {
    path => ["/ssd/staging/**/**/**/*", "/ssd/staging/**/**/*"]
    start_position => "beginning"
    exclude => ["*.gz", "*.xz"]
  }

> find /ssd/staging/ | wc -l

Is there a setting to either suppress the message, increase the open file limit of the filewatch.tailmode program, or is the file input just not intended to watch so many files?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.