Filtering by Event source

Hi

How can i filter by EventSource, the events are sent from one of our custom applications and i wanted to log only those messages but not all messages for "Application"

for example i want to send the messages only from "Outlook" which is one the "Source" from the below screenshot

With the provider config option.

winlogbeat.event_logs:
  - name: Application
    provider:
      - Outlook

Thank you Andrew

Does it need any prior configuration settings, the service is starting successfully but i am not seeing any logs pushed

i am using it as shown below, as i mentioned earlier i am using provider name defined from one of our custom applicaiton

winlogbeat.event_logs:
  - name: Application
    ignore_older: 72h
    provider:
      - CustomProvider

What you are showing is correct. Could it be that Winlogbeat has already sent all those records? If you remove the C:\ProgramData\winlogbeat\.winlogbeat.yml file it will resend all those from the last 72h.

Another debugging option is to run Winlogbeat with debug on.

logging.level: debug
logging.selectors: [eventlog]

Then take the XML query from the line that says "using subscription query=" and try it in the Windows Event Viewer as a custom view (Advanced XML filtering in the Windows Event Viewer | Microsoft Learn).

1 Like

Thank you it worked

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.