Filtering certain SQL queries OR hiding parameters

Hey everyone,

I'm using APM to track my services in Production. Some of these services handle sensitive data that I do not want to show in APM/Elastic. These queries are performed on a seperate DB. Is it possible for me to configure APM to somehow hide queries made to this DB or hide the parameters sent with these queries? I want to still be able to show full DB queries for non-sensitive data so I don't want to filter out calls to DB alltogether. Can this be configured in some way in APM?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ofirz, welcome to the forum!

Is it possible for me to configure APM to somehow hide queries made to this DB or hide the parameters sent with these queries? I want to still be able to show full DB queries for non-sensitive data so I don't want to filter out calls to DB alltogether. Can this be configured in some way in APM?

You could do this with an ingest node pipeline, dropping the span.db.statement field conditional on the value of span.db.instance.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.