Full tracing with response times per class instead of Service only

Hi,

When looking at traces, I can see exactly which APIs are slowing down requests when having a chain of API calls.
So for example, Service A > Service B > Service C. I can see how many time the request spent in Service A, Service B and Service C.
However, if one the services is slow, I can't see what is slowing down that particular request. So I'm looking to have a full stacktrace with execution times.
For example: Authorization Layer (10ms) > Controller (10ms) > Service Layer (5ms) > Repository (300ms)

That would give me the ability to trace where bottlenecks are in our applicatie.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Kibana version:
Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:
We're usuing the hosted solution, so I guess it's the latest version?

APM Agent language and version:
.NET 1.20

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version:
Nuget

Hi,

in general, the universal profiler would be a significantly better fit for such use-cases: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/observability/current/profiling-get-started.html

Unfortunately .NET is not yet supported by the universal profiler.

Hi @GregKalapos,

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you have any ETA when .NET will be supported too? Further, are there any screenshots (or demo) available what kind of data/information we would be able to see?

Thanks,
Danny

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.