Geo Info for Heartbeat

I'm trying to set up Heartbeat so that we can use the data on a map in Kibana. What I want is one heartbeat installation to handle various geographic locations. However, the lat/long settings are in the heartbeat.yml file. Is there any way to put that geographic location in the files in my monitors.d folder instead? That way I could have one file for each geographic location.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to have the observer metadata be set in a separate file. That's because each Heartbeat instance should add the metadata from its own location.

Therefore, if you use a single configuration file for multiple locations, you'll have all of those locations add the same metadata to what they ship.

One way I'd recommend doing this is by using a template file in which you can add the correct geographic location of each target when generating the Heartbeat configuration for each.

Another way to go about this would be to use your own private locations or our global managed testing locations, about which you can find more information here.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question or if there's anything else with which I can help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.