Get logs from docker containers in filebeat

Hi, lets say i have an elastic stack running in docker. In another pc i have an Alfresco running in docker as well. In the same pc i also have filebeat that is running in docker too. The Alfresco image has tomcat and postgresql logs. How am i gonna get these logs and visualize them in kibana. I am only able to get and visualize logs from none dockerized services like an Apache server in my system's /var/log/*.log. I run filebeat via docker-compose.
Thanks.

You could look at the deployment files provided for Kubernetes deployment and see if you could adapt from there? - certainly in a K8s environment I've got Filebeat running in one container harvesting both platform logs and logs from other containers.

Ok i found a way.

1. I can configure "Docker input " and "Filebeat autodiscover" inside filebeat.yml
  2. I can use "volumes" to get log files locally and then set the corresponding path to each module inside filebeat.yml.
    Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.