Grok timestamp

plz what is its format in grok ?

to notice i want it to be a date
YYYYMMDDHHmmssSSS

For example (?<timestamp>%{YEAR}%{MONTHNUM}%{MONTHDAY}%{HOUR}%{MINUTE}%{SECOND}\d+).

Of course, this string also happens to be an integer so unless you want validation that the input string really is a YYYYMMDDHHmmssSSS timestamp you can just do %{INT:timestamp}.

hi magnus
i think you didn t understand me
i want the input to be YYYYMMDDHHmmssSSS (for example 20170118154716225)
and i want the grok to consider it as date

You have a log where each line contains a timestamp like e.g. 20170118154716225, yes? Then the grok expression samples I gave will extract that into a field named timestamp that you can feed to the date filter.

okay thank you magnus !!!

just one thing magnus plz
where i put
(?%{YEAR}%{MONTHNUM}%{MONTHDAY}%{HOUR}%{MINUTE}%{SECOND}\d+). ?

In your grok expression in your grok filter. The (?<fieldname>...) syntax I used is described in the grok filter documentation.

sory i didn t understand this is my grok
grok {
match => ["message","%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:datePvin} : %{UUID:id} %{INT:daterecepPvin} %{NUMBER:datefintraitPvin} %{NUMBER:delai} %{WORD:nomFlux} %{GREEDYDATA:evts} %{WORD:BU} %{NUMBER:reforigin} %{NOTSPACE:contractoidval} %{DATA:useroidval} %{DATA:errorStatus} %{GREEDYDATA:errorDesc} %{NOTSPACE:servname}"] }

and i want to do this treatment on %{INT:daterecepPvin} how the grok will become ?

So you're already capturing the timestamp into the daterecepPvin field? What more do you want to achieve?

i don t want it to be INT but a DATE

The grok filter doesn't create dates. It creates strings, integers, and floats. If you the timestamp you have to become a date in ES you need to adjust your mappings or use the date filter to convert it into a string that ES will recognize as a date out of the box.

i didn t recognize how to use the date filter i tried this grok {

match => ["message","%{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:datePvin} : %{UUID:id} %{timeStamp:daterecepPvin} %{NUMBER:datefintraitPvin} %{NUMBER:delai} %{WORD:nomFlux} %{GREEDYDATA:evts} %{WORD:BU} %{NUMBER:reforigin} %{NOTSPACE:contractoidval} %{DATA:useroidval} %{DATA:errorStatus} %{GREEDYDATA:errorDesc} %{NOTSPACE:servname}"]

}
date {

match => [ "daterecepPvin" , "YYYYMMDDHHmmssSSS" ]

}

}

but it didn t work

Check the Logstash log. If the date filter fails it'll give you clues.

ok thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.