Good night dear!

I'm configuring:
Elasticsearch
Kibana
Metricbeat
Logastash
Filelogbeat
Apm-server

All in version 6.7.2, by the compatibility matrix the apm agent in version 1.3.1 and compatible only with java 7+.

My main application environment runs jboss4 with java 6.

I'm trying to upload the agent by listening to the pid of the jboss 4 process but it returns me the error "manifest not found".

Is there any version of the apm agent that runs in java 6 or some way to manually rotate it pointing to java 7 and using process pid?

Thank you!

Hi Leandro and welcome to the forum!
Unfortunately, since the java agent is compiled for JVM 7, there is no way to install it on older versions.

Ola Eyal_Koren,
Thanks for the answer.
I am trying to start the apm-gent process using the command line.

I installed java 7 on the machine and am trying to start the apm-gent process using the command line, but it returns me the error no main manifest attribute in elastic-apm-agent.jar.

Do you know to say if it is possible to start the agent in this way or only within the jboss run.conf?

At.

Leandro,
The agent is not a standalone Java app, it is a jar that needs to be installed on a JVM process, such as your JBoss. There is a way to start a separate process and install on running JVMs, but the agent will still need to run as part of the monitored JVM, which has to be of version 7 at least.
So, as long as your JBoss is running on Java <7, we would not be able to support that.

Hi Eyal_Koren
Thank you! For the answer and for the attention.

I would just like to express how impressed I am with the APM solution, it is simply spectacular, congratulations for the great work.

1 Like

Thanks Leandro!
Your feedback is highly appreciated! :elasticheart:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.