Elasticsearch version:
APM Server version:
APM Agent language and version:
java 1.19.1
Steps to reproduce:
start apm java agent with option
-Delastic.apm.disable_metrics=hikaricp.connections

Due to I got some error form APM Server

Sep 25 10:23:09 apm-server[31357]: WARN [transform] model/metricset.go:141 failed to transform sample model.Sample{Name:"hikaricp.connections.idle", Value:2, Values:[]float64(nil), Counts:[]int64(nil)}
Sep 25 10:23:09 apm-server[31357]: WARN [transform] model/metricset.go:141 failed to transform sample model.Sample{Name:"hikaricp.connections.creation.count", Value:600, Values:[]float64(nil), Counts:[]int64(nil)}
Sep 25 10:23:09 apm-server[31357]: WARN [transform] model/metricset.go:141 failed to transform sample model.Sample{Name:"hikaricp.connections.creation.sum.us", Value:7.0216e+07, Values:[]float64(nil), Counts:[]int64(nil)}
:

Refer to Support metrics with dots in their names #347

I want to filter out the metric "hikaricp.connections" only at APM Agent with java option
-Delastic.apm.disable_metrics=hikaricp.connections and keep other HikariCP metrics.
But after apply this setting, I still can't see other metrics like hikaricp.connections.* .
Why?

Hi and welcome to our forum :tada:

I assume that since you already ingested these metrics, there is already a mapping conflict in the current metrics index, so it should be deleted.

1 Like

I changed the subject so that others can find this topic easily with regards to HikariCP and tagged the server team, so they can provide pointers on best way to delete the index and/or fix the mappings

1 Like

Hi @jenhouwu,
in case you are using ILM (which is enabled by default) you can initiate a rollover to a new metrics index by calling POST apm-7.8.0-metric/_rollover, see also indices-rollover-index. The dynamic part of the mapping for the new index will be created when new metricsets are ingested.

Let us know if this solves the issue.

Hi @simitt

Thanks for your great support, after rollover apm metric index,hikaricp.connections.* metric can be indexed finally. :smiley:
2020-12-31_154722

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.