How many connection can Logstash handle:

in my environment i want to know how many connection can one logstash handle. i will have 25000 machine running on beats. can all those 25000 contact logstash for processing then store data to elastic search.

can any from ES team reply for this thread

I do not know the answer as I have never tested it, but suspect the number of Logstash instances you will need also depends on how much data these 25000 Beats are expected to send. If you provide some additional details about your use case and expected data volumes, you might have a better chance of getting a good response.

basic metric beats data will send to Logstash for processing before storing to EC and just to add to the question is Kafka need for buttering or can logstash itself handle the buffering part.

Metricbeat can be configured to generate varying amounts of data, depending on what is captured and how often data is gathered. How much data do you expect each Beat to generate per day?

Each metric beat will have interval time of 5 min for each record (approx 3000000 records for 25000 endpoints) and just to add to the question is Kafka need for buttering or can logstash itself handle the buffering part

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.