How to call a method of ksh file(shell script) from a conf file(logstash file)

How to call a method of external ksh file(shell script) from a conf file(logstash file).

Shell script (ksh file)
a.ksh

Test()
{
x ="$1"
if (x > 10 )
return x;
}

Logstash Script (conf file)
acon.conf

I want to call Test method ( i.e. Test )of above a.ksh file from filter block(of ruby code) of acon.conf conf file

This is a shell script question and not a Logstash question.

You can't invoke shell script functions directly from the outside. You'd have to write a.ksh in such a way that running ./a.ksh or ksh a.ksh (possibly with arguments) invokes the Test function.

I am using ruby code in logstash file.
How to execute shell command from logstash file(conf file ) inside the filter block of ruby code.

Ruby code executing from a ruby filter is just ordinary Ruby code, it's just that it also has access to the Logstash event currently being processed. There must be a million examples out there of how to run a program from Ruby code.

If you explain what your end goal is we might be able to suggest something that doesn't involve running a shell interpreter for each message (since doing so can improve the event processing rate quite dramatically).

*** List item**

How to call a method of external ksh file(shell script) from filter block(of ruby code) of conf file(logstash file).

We need to pass an argument (i.e: count) from logstash file (This count variable will be used in Test( ) function ), to ksh file(shell script)'s function (i.e: Test () ).

After it, Test( ) function will return a value that value will be used in logstash file(conf file).

1. Shell script (ksh file)

Test()
{
x ="$1"
y=100
if (x > 10 )
return y;
}

1. Logstash Script (conf file)

Test 25

That's not an end goal. You're repeating your description of the means to reach your goal.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.