How to capture jolokia output on to APM Server

Kibana version : 7.8

Elasticsearch version : 7.8

APM Server version : 7.8

APM Agent language and version :Java apm agent 1.17.0

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? fresh install

Is there anything special in your setup? For example, are you using the Logstash or Kafka outputs? Are you using a load balancer in front of the APM Servers? Have you changed index pattern, generated custom templates, changed agent configuration etc. :-----No

I am exposing some Mbeans in my application using Jolokia agent. I would like to access these Mbeans attributes in my elastic search. I have found JMX configuration options using APM agent , but we can only capture "numbers" using capture_jmx_metrics. My Mbeans have many String Attributes which I would like to move over to elastic search. Is that achievable ? I also cannot use Metric beats or logstash as its a lot of overload and do not want to have beats running on each and every systems ..

below image shows the String type Mbean attributes which I would like to access in Elastic

Hi :wave:

Currently, APM Server only supports numbers as metric values, that's why cpature_jmx_metrics also doesn't support to capture string attributes of MBeans.

See also

Could you give an example of a string attribute you want to monitor, how you plan to visualize and what insight you get from it?

We have Mbeans that provides service statuses ,service names, long out put for errors for services status which all have string formats. So it is more of an application status monitoring than performance monitoring

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.