How to install logstash ruby filer plugin

I am trying to execute a workflow in pnda using logstash.

The config file has ruby inline code and I understand we need to have plugin.

can you please tell me on how to install thesame

Are you sure you don't already have the ruby plugin? The page below describes how to list the plugins you have as well as how to install new ones.

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/working-with-plugins.html

Thanks Magnus for your kind help. I was able to successfully install with logstash_plugin install logstash-ruby-filter and it is getting listed too.

However , I get this exception when I try to run the logstash, Please find below the config file

[2018-03-26T12:56:29,980][ERROR][logstash.agent ] Failed to execute action {:action=>LogStash::PipelineAction::Crea te/pipeline_id:main, :exception=>"LogStash::ConfigurationError", :message=>"Expected one of #, => at line 14, column 18 (byte 392) after filter {\n mutate {\n add_field => {\n "host_ip" => "localhost" # change the IP and set something meaningful\n }\n rename => { "message" => "rawdata" } # Put the content of th e message to the PNDA Avro 'rawdata' field\n ruby ", :backtrace=>["/opt/pnda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/logs tash/compiler.rb:42:in compile_imperative'", "/opt/pnda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:50:incompile _graph'", "/opt/pnda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:12:in block in compile_sources'", "org/jruby/Ruby Array.java:2486:inmap'", "/opt/pnda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/logstash/compiler.rb:11:in compile_sources'", "/opt/p nda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline.rb:51:ininitialize'", "/opt/pnda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/lo gstash/pipeline.rb:169:in initialize'", "/opt/pnda/logstash-6.2.3/logstash-core/lib/logstash/pipeline_action/create.rb:40:inexecute'", "/opt/pnda/logsta

input {
      tcp {
         port => 20518
         add_field => [ "src", "syslog" ]
        }
    }

filter {
        mutate {
            add_field => {
                "host_ip" => "localhost" # change the IP and set something meaningful
            }
            rename => { "message" => "rawdata" } # Put the content of the message to the PNDA Avro 'rawdata' field
            ruby {
                # Convert the Logstash timestamp to a milliseconds timestamp integer
                # You can use whatever makes sense to you as long as the timestamp is a valid timestamp integer in milliseconds
                code => "event.set('timestamp', (event.get('@timestamp').to_f * 1000).to_f * 1000).to_i)"
            }
        }
    }

output {
            kafka {
                    codec => pnda-avro { schema_uri => "/opt/pnda/pnda.avsc" } # The PNDA Avro schema to use
                    bootstrap_servers => "localhost:9092"
                    topic_id => 'test'
                    compression_type => "none" # "none", "gzip", "snappy", "lz4"
                    value_serializer => 'org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.ByteArraySerializer'
            }
    }

The ruby filter doesn't belong inside the mutate filter.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.