How to integrate multiple config files in Logstash?

As there are 2 config files in Logstash, logs are not received and forwarded to Kibana. I need to know whether i can have more than one conf file for logstash and if so, How to integrate the conf files.

I have mentioned the conf files below for reference

1. /etc/logstash/logstash.conf

input {
udp {
host => "10.100.10.30"
port => 10514
codec => "json"
type => "rsyslog"
}
}

This is an empty filter block. You can later add other filters here to further process your log lines

filter { }

This output block will send all events of type "rsyslog" to Elasticsearch at the configured host and port into daily indices of the pattern, "rsyslog-YYYY.MM.DD"
output {
if [type] == "rsyslog" {
elasticsearch {
hosts => [ "10.100.10.30:9200" ]
}
}
}

1. /etc/logstash/wazuh.conf

input {
beats {
host => "10.100.10.29"
port => 5000
codec => "json"
#> ssl => true
#> ssl_certificate => "/etc/logstash/logstash.crt"
#> ssl_key => "/etc/logstash/logstash.key"
}
}
filter {
if [data][srcip] {
mutate {
add_field => [ "@src_ip", "%{[data][srcip]}" ]
}
}
if [data][aws][sourceIPAddress] {
mutate {
add_field => [ "@src_ip", "%{[data][aws][sourceIPAddress]}" ]
}
}
}
filter {
geoip {
source => "@src_ip"
target => "GeoLocation"
fields => ["city_name", "country_name", "region_name", "location"]
}
date {
match => ["timestamp", "ISO8601"]
target => "@timestamp"
}
mutate {
remove_field => [ "timestamp", "beat", "input_type", "tags", "count", "@version", "log", "offset", "type", "@src_ip", "host"]
}
}
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["10.100.10.30:9200"]
index => "wazuh-alerts-3.x-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}"
document_type => "wazuh"
}
}

If you set -f or path.config to a directory, then logstash will read any files in that directory as part of the configuration. The files are not independent. Events will be read from all of the inputs, passed through all of the filters, and written to all of the outputs. If you want the files to be independent then use pipelines.

Thanks for the reply, I would like to know how to integrate these two config files together by your solution, if you can show that too, it will be more helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.