How to make the user-interaction work in my SPA

Kibana version :7.6.2

APM Agent language and version : elastic/apm-rum@5.20.0

Browser version : google chrome 83.0.4103.61

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version : npm

Description of the problem including expected versus actual behavior. Please include screenshots (if relevant) :

Hi guys. I don't understand how use user-interaction. In my report sometimes is
appearing some records like :

My questions are:

• How I association one determinate button to create one transaction;
  • This button, How i put some name for separete this resultis at KImbana

hi @alexandreservian, good to talk with you again :smiley:

You can manually create transactions or spans wherever you think is important. We have this documentation page which explains how you can do it.

I also found this blog, is a bit old but might be helpful. https://www.elastic.co/blog/performing-real-user-monitoring-rum-with-elastic-apm

Hi @caue.marcondes. But I want about user-interaction. How I uso it. Becauso many buttons in my sistem dispach actions with graphql. I want the buttons dispach the transactions
associates with the same trace id. How do I make this?

Hi @alexandreservian,

I made a comment in this issue regarding your question, in summary:

the user-interaction transactions are automatically captured. We use the tagName and name attribute to generate the transaction name i.e. Click - ${tagName}["${name}"] so you can add the name attribute to the button tag to change the transaction name. Another way of changing any transaction is by registering an observer for transaction:end (or transaction:start) and change the transaction name in the listener.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.