How to read the file from linux machine in logstash

For reading the file from window machine I am using the following input filter and able to read the file from remote machine and writing to elasticsearch similarly I want to read the file from linux machine.
input {
file {
type => "appname"
path => "\IP Address/path/csvresultfolder/*.csv"
start_position => "beginning"
sincedb_path => "/dev/null"
}
}

Can we refer the hostname specified in properties file in logstash file,Please let me know.for example properties file name is user.properties and here I have specified the hostname=IPaddress
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "${hostname}"
index => "performance-%{filename}"
}
stdout{
codec => rubydebug
}
}

The file input can read files in mounted file systems. If you mount a directory over NFS or a similar networked file system you can read files stored on another host.

Hi Magnusbaeck,

Thanx for your very quick reply ,You mean the remote machine also in the same network then directly I can use the IP of that linux machine right?Please let me know this is first time I am working on it.

Can you please let me know about the following below point also?

Can we refer the hostname specified in properties file in logstash file,Please let me know.for example properties file name is user.properties and here I have specified the hostname=IPaddress
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "${hostname}"
index => "performance-%{filename}"
}
stdout{
codec => rubydebug
}
}

You mean the remote machine also in the same network then directly I can use the IP of that linux machine right?

No. The file input can only read files from mounted file systems.

Can we refer the hostname specified in properties file in logstash file,

Logstash doesn't support property files but you can reference environment variables, see Using environment variables | Logstash Reference [8.11] | Elastic.