How to run logstash conf file in background?

Hey,

I have installed ELK 5.6.8 on Redhat machine. I am using this to show MySQL database records on kibana. I have kept mysql_logstash.conf file in /etc/logstash/conf.d directory but still it's not running in the backend. Manually I am able to run it from /usr/share/logstash/bin directory. My Apache access logs conf file is successfully running in backed from /etc/logstash/conf.d directory.

Is there any problem with database connectivity?

Have you checked the Logstash logs for clues? Perhaps the logstash user can't access the MySQL socket?

Yes. I have checked logstash logs but there are no such errors. What would be the best way to give MySQL socket access to logstash user?
Thank you.

Yes. I have checked logstash logs but there are no such errors.

Okay, but are there any signs that the query is made at all? How do you know the correct configuration is even being loaded? If you bump up Logstash's loglevel you'll get additional debugging output.

What would be the best way to give MySQL socket access to logstash user?

Presumably socket access is guarded by a group. The logstash user needs to be in that group.

Can we give logstash user to mysql access by chown ?

Not unless you want to grant access to everyone, I suppose, but I don't really know anything about MySQL's domain sockets.

Thank you @magnusbaeck.
Will check it out.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.