I cannot run Logstash on Raspberry pi3

Hello all,
i could install and run elasticsearch and Kibana on Raspberry pi 3 but iam struggling right now to run logstash.
I did the same steps on windows and it works without problems.

i run Logstash With this command:

pi@raspberrypi:/usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/bin $ sudo ./logstash -f /usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/data/data.conf 

I got this error.
pi@raspberrypi:/usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/bin $ sudo ./logstash -f /usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/data/data.conf
Sending Logstash's logs to /usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/logs which is now configured via log4j2.properties
[2017-11-30T15:49:42,391][INFO ][logstash.modules.scaffold] Initializing module {:module_name=>"netflow", :directory=>"/usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/modules/netflow/configuration"}
[2017-11-30T15:49:42,410][INFO ][logstash.modules.scaffold] Initializing module {:module_name=>"fb_apache", :directory=>"/usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/modules/fb_apache/configuration"}
LoadError: Could not load FFI Provider: (NotImplementedError) FFI not available: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/jffi614569918750832791.so: /tmp/jffi614569918750832791.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/vendor/jruby/lib/jni/arm-Linux/libjffi-1.2.so: /usr/share/logstash/logstash-6.0.0/vendor/jruby/lib/jni/arm-Linux/libjffi-1.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1941)

Could someone explain me help me to fix it?

Thanks

Hi,

How much memory is on the RaspPi 3 - 1GB LPDDR2 (900 MHz)?

What OS is in use here?
Are all binaries up to date?

The FFI not available pointed me towards: https://github.com/jruby/jruby/issues/1561#issuecomment-48826154

Can you check your jruby and libjffi versions?

Can you try the suggestions as per the link:

sudo apt-get install ant texinfo openjdk-8-jdk build-essential
git clone GitHub - jnr/jffi: Java Foreign Function Interface
cd jffi
ant jar
sudo cp build/jni/libjffi-1.2.so /opt/logstash/vendor/jruby/lib/jni/arm-Linux

I had the same issue on my Raspberry PI 3 and got logstash working after following the above steps.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.