Ignore Error Messages

Team,

While analyzing system log files in Linux, I came up with the below entry.
How do we ignore such huge blocks in Logstash ??

I believe if we do not ignore this, it will be considered as a log and we will get incorrect data on the Kibana Dashboard.

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0
ND-INFO  : Staring BCIAgent for Netdiagnostics ...
BCIMode Info : NDControlConnModel.isndcHostAtStartup false NDControlConnModel.isinstanceAtStartUp= false  NDControlConnModel.isndlPortAtStartUp = true
time is included.

Starting Interoperability Server:  9.3

2018-08-20 23:57:03,757:INFO   ::main: Initializing data cache...                                   [system]: YCPSystem                
2018-08-20 23:58:46,391:WARN   ::main: PROMOTION_RULES_CACHE registered                             [system]: YPMPromotionRulesCacheManager
2018-08-20 23:58:46,491:WARN   ::main: PRICELIST_HEADER_CACHE registered                            [system]: YPMPricingHeaderCacheManager
2018-08-20 23:58:46,494:INFO   ::main: PricingRule and PriceListHeader Cache Loading has been skipped [system]: YPMExtensionPointInitializer
2018-08-20 23:59:31,650:ERROR  ::main: Could not start adapter successfully for serverName: DataPumpAndImpSyncServer [system]: IntegrationAdapter       
2018-08-20 23:59:31,652:ERROR  ::main: [1534827571651]Cannot Resolve Variable.                      [system]: IntegrationAdapter       
2018-08-20 23:59:31,655:ERRORDTL::main: [1534827571651]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Errors>
    <Error ErrorCode="YCP75_00014"
        ErrorDescription="Cannot Resolve Variable." ErrorRelatedMoreInfo="">
        <Attribute Name="ErrorCode" Value="YCP75_00014"/>
        <Attribute Name="ErrorDescription" Value="Cannot Resolve Variable."/>
        <Attribute Name="Variable" Value="KOHLS_POC_STORE_ORDER_SYNC_Q"/>
        <Stack>com.yantra.yfc.util.YFCException
	at com.yantra.yfc.util.YFCVariableResolver$DefaultPropertyLookup.resolveVariable(YFCVariableResolver.java:39)
	at com.yantra.yfc.util.YFCVariableResolver.getResolvedString(YFCVariableResolver.java:114)
	at com.yantra.yfc.util.YFCVariableResolver.getResolvedString(YFCVariableResolver.java:96)
	at com.yantra.yfc.util.YFCVariableResolver.getResolvedString(YFCVariableResolver.java:93)
	at com.yantra.yfc.util.YFCVariableResolver.getResolvedString(YFCVariableResolver.java:90)
	at com.yantra.interop.services.jms.JMSTransportProperties.setMainQueueName(JMSTransportProperties.java:98)
	at com.yantra.interop.services.jms.JMSTransportProperties.init(JMSTransportProperties.java:468)
	at com.yantra.interop.services.TransportPropsFactory.getTransportProps(TransportPropsFactory.java:56)
	at com.yantra.interop.services.TransportPropsFactory.getTransportProps(TransportPropsFactory.java:47)
	at com.yantra.integration.configurator.ConfigurationHelper.getTransportProps(ConfigurationHelper.java:222)
	at com.yantra.integration.configurator.ConfigurationHelper.readConfiguration(ConfigurationHelper.java:166)
	at com.yantra.integration.adapter.IntegrationAdapter.initConfig(IntegrationAdapter.java:141)
	at com.yantra.integration.adapter.IntegrationAdapter.start(IntegrationAdapter.java:381)
	at com.yantra.integration.adapter.IntegrationAdapter.main(IntegrationAdapter.java:515)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at com.yantra.integration.adapter.IntegrationAdapterLauncher.launch(IntegrationAdapterLauncher.java:134)
	at com.yantra.integration.adapter.IntegrationAdapterLauncher.main(IntegrationAdapterLauncher.java:61)
</Stack>

Join the lines of that message into a single event (use the multiline codec if you're using the file input). If you really want to drop such events you can use the drop filter wrapped in a conditional (see example in the drop plugin documentation).

Thanks for your response.

I am currently using filebeat as my input and in that case I cannot use"multiline codec"..

I have gone through the drop filter and just want to understand if the option can only be used for a single line or can we use it for a block ??

How can I use it for the above block of Junk Data that was posted earlier ??

Thank You

I am currently using filebeat as my input and in that case I cannot use"multiline codec"..

No, you should use Filebeat's multiline feature.

I have gone through the drop filter and just want to understand if the option can only be used for a single line or can we use it for a block ??

The drop filter acts on events. Events may contain one or more lines.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.