Import error and then unable to load Sample data in Kibana training environment

Good morning,

After going through the steps for Lab 9.3: Reporting and Saved Objects, I get the following error when trying to import the file export.json back (see image attached) . In addition, I am now not able to Install Sample Data for the E-commerce and Flight data. Please advise on how to resolve this issue as it is frustrating to get to last step in the Data Analysis with Kibana (On-Demand) class and have the environment crash and not work. Thank you in advance for all your help.

--JC

2020-10-23 09_44_42-Kibana

Hi @jic9004

The first issue (with importing the saved objects) is something we unfortunately cannot resolve, but we will fix it in the next update of this course.

To fix the problem with installing of sample data, you can use this workaround:

• In Kibana, go to "Management" (the last option in the side navigation)
  • Select "Users" under "Security"
  • Click on the "training" user
  • Under "Roles" add the "superuser" role
  • Click the "Update user" button

Installing the sample datasets should work now.

Thank you Abdon for your response. I was able to install the sample data after following your instructions. One last question regarding the virtual Kibana environment. How can I use the Lab environment workspace or virtual Kibana environment after it has expired to do further practice for the certification? My workspace says that it will expire within a few days. Thank you in advance for the clarification.

Once the time runs out, you won't be able to use the lab environment anymore, unfortunately.

One thing you could do is spin up a deployment on Elastic Cloud. There's a 14 day free trial that you could use for that. You won't have the exact same datasets there that you've used in this course (users, messages, Apache logs), but you could practice building dashboards and visualizations with the sample datasets.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.