Include session variables in the connection string for jdbc_static fails

Hello, i want to use the jdbc_static plugin from logstash, but it throws an error:

[2022-11-22T13:36:19,153][WARN ][org.mariadb.jdbc.message.server.ErrorPacket][pipeline_name] Error: 1064-42000: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ';) AS "T1" LIMIT 1' at line 1

So, this error is well known. The plugin tries to count the result set and send a query with quotes to the database server. The database server isn't configured with "SET GLOBAL sql_mode = 'ansi_quotes'" and i'm not able to change this. I've read, that you can modify the jdbc connection string as workaround, like this:

jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:mariadb://dbhost:3306/db?sessionVariables=sql_mode=ANSI_QUOTES"

But this will not work at my site. The error is the same as above. If i connect directly to the db server and set the ansi_quotes in the actual session, i can fire up the query including quotes without problems. So, what i'm doing wrong? I'm using the jdbc driver lib mariadb-java-client-3.1.0.jar (latest).

cheers,
Muecker

This is an open issue. See also the issue that links to.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.