Invalid Config File Error for Logstash

Hi,

I am trying to run salesforce integration with logstash.

I am using the steps mentioned at https://logz.io/blog/analyze-salesforce-elk-stack/ to setup. I am on Ubuntu 16.04 and have only installed logstack.

On running the command as below I am getting the error:

bin/logstash -f salesforce.conf
WARNING: Could not find logstash.yml which is typically located in $LS_HOME/config or /etc/logstash. You can specify the path using --path.settings. Continuing using the defaults
Could not find log4j2 configuration at path /usr/share/logstash/config/log4j2.properties. Using default config which logs to console
11:51:10.032 [LogStash::Runner] ERROR logstash.agent - Cannot load an invalid configuration {:reason=>"Expected one of #, input, filter, output at line 17, column 2 (byte 481) after "}

LOG Filer error:
tail -f /var/log/logstash/logstash-plain.log
[2017-03-29T17:05:47,038][INFO ][logstash.setting.writabledirectory] Creating directory {:setting=>"path.queue", :path=>"/usr/share/logstash/data/queue"}
[2017-03-29T17:05:47,128][FATAL][logstash.runner ] The given configuration is invalid. Reason: Expected one of #, { at line 3, column 38 (byte 62) after input {
salesforce {
client_id => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Can someone please help with this?

Regards
Ganesh Bhat

Hi to always be in the safe side, please obfuscate any such things as client tokens etc in the future.

Did you copy and paste the config snippets from said page line for line? Can you verify that the single quotation marks on the start and end of every line are indeed correct.

1 Like

Yes I can verify that it is correct.

Got this issue resolved.

Error was some junk character which I could not see in the conf file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.