Issue help - snapshot creation failure

(Gos) #21
[2017-04-04 18:07:58,805][WARN ][transport                ] [master] Transport response handler not found of id [2424]
[2017-04-04 18:07:58,808][WARN ][transport                ] [master] Transport response handler not found of id [2425]
[2017-04-04 18:07:58,808][WARN ][rest.suppressed          ] path: /_snapshot/backup, params: {repository=backup}
RepositoryVerificationException[[backup] [PD8oAfGZQuiO_zyVxuduKw, 'RemoteTransportException[[dataNode2][10.85.7.54:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing];'], [wDj7ox5RSf6XiAhd4LEUgQ, 'RemoteTransportException[[dataNode1][10.85.7.53:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup] missing];']]]
	at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService$VerifyingRegisterRepositoryListener$1.onResponse(RepositoriesService.java:440)
	at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService$VerifyingRegisterRepositoryListener$1.onResponse(RepositoriesService.java:436)
	at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService$3.onResponse(RepositoriesService.java:224)
	at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService$3.onResponse(RepositoriesService.java:214)
	at org.elasticsearch.repositories.VerifyNodeRepositoryAction.finishVerification(VerifyNodeRepositoryAction.java:116)
	at org.elasticsearch.repositories.VerifyNodeRepositoryAction$1.handleException(VerifyNodeRepositoryAction.java:107)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.handleException(MessageChannelHandler.java:184)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.handlerResponseError(MessageChannelHandler.java:174)
	at org.elasticsearch.transport.netty.MessageChannelHandler.messageReceived(MessageChannelHandler.java:122)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:70)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$DefaultChannelHandlerContext.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:791)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:296)
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:462)
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.callDecode(FrameDecoder.java:443)
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.frame.FrameDecoder.messageReceived(FrameDecoder.java:303)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.handleUpstream(SimpleChannelUpstreamHandler.java:70)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:564)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.sendUpstream(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:559)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:268)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:255)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:88)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:337)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89)
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178)
	at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)
	at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[2017-04-04 18:16:55,379][ERROR][license.plugin.core      ] [master] 
#
# LICENSE EXPIRED ON [Sunday, December 11, 2016]. IF YOU HAVE A NEW LICENSE, PLEASE
# UPDATE IT. OTHERWISE, PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR SUPPORT CONTACT.
# 
# COMMERCIAL PLUGINS OPERATING WITH REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY
# - marvel
#  - The agent will stop collecting cluster and indices metrics
#  - The agent will stop automatically cleaning indices older than [marvel.history.duration]
[2017-04-04 18:26:55,380][ERROR][license.plugin.core      ] [master]

(Gos) #22

I hope it won't get you too much trouble as I post the most recent logs and it was pretty big. I found there are some clues taking about the location which I have corrected to what you suggested but have no clue why they are still showing in that way. Let me know how you think about this.

Much appreciated.

(Gos) #23

Hi David,

I've posted the logs as you asked. Could you please take a look if
something can be figured out quickly?

Thanks a lot.

(David Pilato) #24

Apparently you tried to create a repository using /var/log/elasticsearch/backup dir but you whitelisted /mnt/elasticsearch in path.repo.

[2017-04-04 18:06:55,232][WARN ][repositories.fs          ] [master] The specified location [/var/log/elasticsearch/backup] doesn't start with any repository paths specified by the path.repo setting: [[/mnt/elasticsearch]] 

(Gos) #25

I have no idea why it comes up in this way - I actually set the repository and restarted all services. Then it still comes up in this way. Should I keep bouncing the services until it's succeeded?
Thansk.

(David Pilato) #26

So may be you registered previously a repository and the master node is trying to instantiate it at boot time?

You can probably delete it first.

(system) #27

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.