"key": "N1",
"value":"Clement"
},
"book2":{
"key": "N2",
"value":"Bundle Name"
}

Is it possible to do that?
Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

The xml filter requires the source field to be a string or a single-element array so it won't help you. I think your best bet is to write a small snippet of Ruby and put in a ruby filter. I don't know if there's a gem for parsing XML that you can use, though. Worst-case you'll have to use regexps. Obviously a bad option for parsing XML but if the form of the document is well-known it might be good enough.

Writing a custom filter plugin would of course work too.

I've tried the split plugin, but I found a bizarre behavior...

filter {
  split {
    field => "Attribute"
    target => "book_bundle"
    periodic_flush => "false"
  }
}

Which will take my source event, clone it into N new events, where N is the number of members of the Attribute array. The array member will be put into the book_bundle field.
and then I added mutate with gsub option to transform book_bundle field and place it into a book1 .. bookN fields...

The problem here, when my logstash process is running, I find only the first element transformed like I want.. and then when I stop the process I find the rest of array's elements in the output file!

I can't understand this behavior.

Why are you disabling periodic_flush? The behavior you're describing sounds like what might happen when you disable periodic flushing.

It works with ES output.. Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.