Jar file version for logstash jdbc input

I am trying to pull in data from a MS SQL Server database via logstash that is hosted on a linux server.

It looks like this is a great job for the JDBC input plugin. I am going through the example config posted on the documentation page and here is my question: how do I know which jar file (jre version) to use? I downloaded the Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server from microsoft's website which comes with three versions of the jar files: mssql-jdbc-9.4.0.jre8.jar, ..jre11.., and ..jre16..

Does this depend on the version of java runtime environment I have? I don't even know if I have java runtime environment installed on this server... I've tried to find it several different ways to no avail.

Could I just put all three jar files in the /usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/jars directory and leave the jdbc_driver_library parameter blank?

I'm lost, any help would be appreciated!

Hi James,

You can use below link to download the JDBC driver library of MSSql and unzip jars to /usr/share/logstash/logstash-core/lib/jars and you can leave jdbc_driver_library as blank like jdbc_driver_library => ""

Download MSSql JDBC Driver | Connect to MSSql (dbschema.com)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.