Java Agent doesn't generate any span/transaction using Spring Cloud Gateway

Hi.

I'm getting an issue related with APM Java Agent. My application is a Spring Webflux (Spring Cloud Gateway) and run over Netty framework. Although I can't see any error in debug logs (either in agent or server logs), spans and transactions just don't show up in Kibana APM UI.

Other apps are working fine with agent and generating/collecting spans/transactions using the same version of Java APM Agent. I've already tested with agent 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 versions and I got same behavior.

Logs and screenshots are attached in this topic.

Regards.

Luis.

Kibana version: 7.2.0 and 7.2.1

Elasticsearch version: 7.2.0

APM Server version: 7.2.0

APM Agent language and version: JAVA - 1.8.0 and 1.7.0

Browser version: Chrome 76

Original install method (e.g. download page, yum, deb, from source, etc.) and version: Docker image - Kubernetes

Fresh install or upgraded from other version? Fresh Install

Errors in browser console (if relevant): N/A

Provide logs and/or server output (if relevant):
Logs from APM Server: https://pastebin.com/nJ1eBx5q
Logs from APM JAVA Agent: https://pastebin.com/8Q7mZ2PP

Screenshots from Kibana APM UI:

Hi Luis and welcome to the forum!

We do not support Spring WebFlux yet, so it is expected you won't get Transactions and Errors.
Some options:

1. You can try out some OpenTracing implementation like this one with our OpenTracing Bridge.
  2. You can try tracing it yourself using our public API.
  3. You can contribute a WebFlux plugin.

Not sure why you can't see metrics as well, don't you see any debug logs about metrics in the agent log?

Hi Eyal.

Thanks for your answer. I'm getting some stuff related to metrics in agent log, but nothing in Kibana.

I'll try tracing it using the public API. Is there any roadmap for supporting WebFlux?

Luis,

It's definitely on the radar, but not as a concrete roadmap item yet, as we have other stuff prioritized higher at the moment...
I saw you found the GitHub issue- make sure to upvote it, this may help :slight_smile: .

Thanks,
Eyal.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.