java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character(s) in message header value: _shibsession_

I noticed the following error in my logs, I assume it is coming from the Java APM agent? Any idea what it means?
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character(s) in message header value: _shibsession_64656661756c747777772e6e6f63632e6e7373312e746e2e616b616d61692e636f6d=

Hi @Scott_Chapman ,

can you provide the complete stack trace here ?

I can't because I didn't see a stack trace for it specifically. It just appeared in my logs.
FWIW it may have been a result of my app launching a new JVM. I am also using APM agent as JVM agentlib via JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS env var. so it is getting picked up by my subprocess (which isn't necessary)

Then I would thing that it's highly unlikely that at least the printing of the exception comes from the agent.
We had an edge case were exceptions could appear in stderr of the agent, but this has been fixed in 1.37.0. Since then every exception printed by the agent should be printed in to the logs and not just stdout.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.