JDBC input: connection OK, request OK, but no result

Hello,
I think the title says a lot already but here are some details. I have a PostgreSQL database, which I try to get data from with the JDBC input plugin. There doesn't seem to be a problem in my Logstash config file, since the connection to the database works. When I query the database directly I get results so the query is correct too.

Here is the file:

input {
	jdbc {
		jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:postgresql://database:5432/dbname"
		jdbc_user => "user"
		jdbc_password => "password"
		jdbc_validate_connection => "true"
		jdbc_driver_class => "org.postgresql.Driver"
		jdbc_driver_library => "/path/to/postgresql-42.2.2.jar"
		statement => "select id from ci_builds limit 10;"
		schedule => "* * * * *"
	}
}

output {
	elasticsearch {
		hosts => "{{ elasticsearch_ip_server }}:9200"
		index => "my-db"
	}
	stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

The output in the logs is just this, every minute:

[2018-06-12T14:50:00,898][INFO ][logstash.inputs.jdbc     ] (0.007369s) select * from ci_builds limit 10;

And the mapping is well detected in Elasticsearch.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause that?

You need to specify index type and id for the above record

According to the documentation the value "doc" is used if the index type isn't specified, and that's what I see in my mapping.
And the id is only required if I want to overwrite the previous data I think. And since I don't have any to begin with, I'm not sure it's useful.

I still tried but it didn't change anything. I would have loved if it had been that simple!

Thanks though, any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Actually from past few days I'm working on same functionality like migrating data from sql to es.Still working on it.

Ok I activated trace logs, it told me that there shouldn't be a semi-colon in the end of the query. I removed it but it didn't help.
Then I changed my index pattern: I used one my database date fields instead of @timestamp and apparently that's what was creating the issue.

Now I have a problem because I want to calculate the difference between two dates, but that's for another thread :slight_smile: (if someone knows the solution, an answer by PM is welcome :wink: )

Good luck with your problem @kartheek91!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.