Before I'll create an issue on Github I'd like to be sure that I'm dealing here with a bug and not with some configuration problem.
I've a task to import data from Oracle database to Elasticsearch. Of course I'm using JDBC input plugin for it.
Due to performance reasons I need to enable prepared statements for a plugin.
(It will reduce read operations on DB and will proper index usage)
My configuration looks as follows:
jdbc_fetch_size => 999
schedule => "* * * * *"
use_prepared_statements => true
prepared_statement_name => "foo"
prepared_statement_bind_values => [":sql_last_value"]
statement => " SELECT
FROM table_name tbl
LEFT JOIN ......
WHERE tbl.id > ?
use_column_value => true
tracking_column => "id"
But here I hit a problem. After activating it:
- no events are transmitted in logstash
- no new documents in ELK are created
- CPU usage and memory consumptions is 100%.
- after some time logstash scrash with following error:
java.lang.BootstrapMethodError: call site initialization exception
Few important remarks:
- it doesn't matter if I change jdbc_fetch_size to smaller or larger value (it only affects how fast memory will be consumed)
- on smaller amount of data everything works fine - documents in ELK indexes are created but with slight delay which doesn't occur when prepared statement are disabled.
- when prepared statement are disabled everything works fine even with large data and without any delay:
Am I dealing here with a bug?