Jopenssl/load error on Logstash start

Hi everyone,

I installed Logstash 2.1.1 on Ubuntu 14.04.
I'm trying to work with it, but when I start the service - I got the following stacktrace error:

LoadError: load error: jopenssl/load -- java.lang.VerifyError: class org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Primitive overrides final method equals.(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1040
(root) at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/jruby-openssl-0.9.12-java/lib/openssl.rb:1
(root) at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.1.1-java/lib/logstash/patches/stronger_openssl_defaults.rb:1
(root) at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.1.1-java/lib/logstash/patches/stronger_openssl_defaults.rb:2
(root) at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.1.1-java/lib/logstash/patches.rb:1
(root) at /opt/logstash/vendor/bundle/jruby/1.9/gems/logstash-core-2.1.1-java/lib/logstash/patches.rb:5
(root) at /opt/logstash/lib/bootstrap/environment.rb:57

Any idea why I'm getting such an error? What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks,

Nitz

What does your config look like?

Simple config. The original input was file input (that I know is working because I used it in the old logstash). I changed it to stdin input to see if its related to the error...and its not :

INPUT

input {
stdin{}
}

FILTER

OUTPUT

output {
kafka { topic_id => "test" bootstrap_servers => "IP:9092" }
}

Please refer the below link for solution.
I also faced the same issue and able to fix ..