Json file with logstash

I converted a csv file to a json file. How to read this file with logstash and put in elasticsearch. I don't see any error. My json file looks like this:

[{"LOR": "LOR ", "CGPA": "CGPA", "TOEFL Score": "TOEFL Score", "GRE Score": "GRE Score", "Serial No": "Serial No", "SOP": "SOP", "Chance of Admit": "Chance of Admit ", "University Rating": "University Rating", "Research": "Research"}, {"LOR": "4.5", "CGPA": "9.65", "TOEFL Score": "118", "GRE Score": "337", "Serial No": "1", "SOP": "4.5", "Chance of Admit": "0.82", "University Rating": "4", "Research": "1"}, {"LOR": "4.5", "CGPA": "8.87", "TOEFL Score": "107", "GRE Score": "324", "Serial No": "2", "SOP": "4", "Chance of Admit": "0.76", "University Rating": "4", "Research": "1"},

There is more.

my logstash config file is like this:

`input {
file{
	codec =>json

path => "/home/abhinavkumar.gurung/Applications/csv/devian/data/file.json"
	start_position => "beginning"
	sincedb_path => "/dev/null"
}

}
filter {
json{
source =>"message"
}
mutate{
remove_field => ["@version","host"]
}
}
output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => ["elasticsearch:9200"]
user => elastic
password => changeme
index => "markers"
}
stdout {
codec => rubydebug
}
}`

Do you see anything in the rubydebug that you are using?

I have tried with minimal config and everything looks fine on my side. Can you please check and compare your config's with this .

A sample json file with the below content.

{"menu": {"id": "file","value": "File","popup": {"menuitem": [{"value": "New", "onclick": "CreateNewDoc()"},{"value": "Open", "onclick": "OpenDoc()"},{"value": "Close", "onclick": "CloseDoc()"}]}}}

My Logstash conf file :

input {
    file {
        path => "path-to-file/sample.json"
        start_position => "beginning"
	}
}
filter{
	json{
		source =>  "message"
	}
}
output
{
	elasticsearch{
		hosts => [ "localhost:9200" ]
		index  => [ "test-file-%{+YYYY.MM.dd}" ]
	}
	stdout { codec => rubydebug }
}

Here is my ElasticSearch output.

I'm not sure why you want to convert csv to json , because Logstash has csv filter too. Check the below link once to understand how to use csv filter.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-filters-csv.html

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.