JSON parse error

Hi,
I have the following error only for some of my json files, other files have no issue.
I am guessing the root cause is the brackets in the json fields.
I have seen some posts in the matter but no solution worked for me.
Any help would be appreciated.

The error - JSON parse error, original data now in message field {:error=>#<LogStash::Json::ParserError: Invalid FieldReference:

Json file example -

[{"name": "system\\currentcontrolset\\services", "hive": "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "exists": "True", "values": {}}, {"name": "system\\currentcontrolset\\services\\.NET CLR Data", "hive": "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "exists": "True", "values": {}}, {"name": "system\\currentcontrolset\\services\\.NET CLR Data\\Linkage", "hive": "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "exists": "True", "values": {"Export": "['.NET CLR Data']"}}, {"name": "system\\currentcontrolset\\services\\.NET CLR Data\\Performance", "hive": "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "exists": "True", "values": {"Close": "ClosePerformanceData", "Collect": "CollectPerformanceData", "

My conf:

file
        {
            path => "C:/Evidence/Registry/**/*.json"
            start_position => "beginning"        
            sincedb_path => "nul"
			codec => "json"
			file_chunk_size => "90000000"
			delimiter => "§¶¶§"
			mode => "read"	
            type => "json"

}
}
filter {

if [type] == "json" {
    json {
    source => "[message]"
    remove_field => ["[message]"]
  }
}
}

The field that is causing the problems is - "m[~4~~": "1",
If i remove it manually it works.
Can i remove it with mutate gsub while using a json codec?

No, that is not possible. The codec decodes the JSON before the event is sent to the pipeline. You would have to remove the json filter, add a mutate+gsub filter and then a json filter after the mutate.

Unfortunately, for some reason the json filter does not work on my json files(it ignores them). only the json codec works.
Thanks for your help anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.