JVM Memory details using metricbeat

(likhith) #1

Is it possible to get the JVM Memory details using metricbeat in 6.4.0

(Kaiyan Sheng) #2

Hello @460, is this https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/6.4/metricbeat-metricset-jolokia-jmx.html what you are looking for?

(likhith) #3

We have a linux servers. We need to get data related to JVM using metricbeat. How to do that?

(ruflin) #4

You need to install Jolokia as mentioned in the link above and then use the Jolokia module.

(likhith) #5

I enabled the jolokia module in metricbeat and edited the jolokia,yml file as follows:

Module: jolokia

Docs: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/6.4/metricbeat-module-jolokia.html

• module: jolokia
    metricsets: ["jmx"]
    enabled: true
    period: 10s
    namespace: "jolokia_metrics"
    hosts: ["localhost:9200"]
    jmx.mappings:
    • mbean: 'java.lang:type=Runtime'
      attributes:
      • attr: Uptime
        field: uptime
    • mbean: 'java.lang:type=GarbageCollector,name=ConcurrentMarkSweep'
      attributes:
      • attr: CollectionTime
        field: gc.cms_collection_time
      • attr: CollectionCount
        field: gc.cms_collection_count
    • mbean: 'java.lang:type=Memory'
      attributes:
      • attr: HeapMemoryUsage
        field: memory.heap_usage
      • attr: NonHeapMemoryUsage
        field: memory.non_heap_usage

Since elasticsearch is a java application, I started my elasticsearch. It has no password.

But I am not able to get any.......data related to jvm stats.

Can you help me to rectify this issue

(ruflin) #6

You have configure the hosts to localhost:9200 which is normally the Elasticsearch endpoint. Under which address / port is your Jolokia service running?

(likhith) #7

Thanks for the reply. I am running the whole thing on windows. Jolokia and metricbeat will be running on the same address right? If that's the case, Its the localhost itself the jolokia is running. I don't know how to find the port number on which it would be running.

Can you please post the step-by-step process to get the JVM details along with what the hosts should be